In order to fully process your application we are required by law to confirm your identity. If you apply online we will attempt to do this electronically however if this is not possible you will be asked to provide identification.
If you wish to apply in branch you will be required to provide two forms of original identification, one from each of the following types to confirm both address and identity.
Type One (confirming name)
- Current signed passport
- Full Driving Licence, UK or overseas (must show your address, signature and photograph)
- Current National Identity Card
- Original notification letter within the last 12 months from Benefits agency/DWP
- Letter from a person in a position of authority – this could be: Hostel Manager, Social Worker, Armed Service Officer, Minister of Religion, General Practitioner
Type Two (confirming address) MUST be dated within the last three months
- UK Council Tax
- UK Benefit Letter (if benefit letter is provided for Type One [above] identification then a letter from the same source [e.g. DWP/Council/HMRC] will not be accepted as Type Two identification
- UK Utility bill
- Bank, building society or other credit union statement from a UK institution (showing your name, current address and transactional activity on the account) – online statements will not be accepted
- Inland Revenue Tax notification
- UK Disabled Parking document (must show your address, signature and photograph)
- Tenancy Agreement/Rent statement from council or reputable letting agency (hand written letters not accepted
- Letter from a Prison Governor or Probation Officer (must be on official headed paper)
- Letter from a UK employer (Foreign Nationals only – must be written in English on official headed paper and show the contact name, address and telephone number).
You can submit your identification in a number of ways:-
- Scan and email to email@example.com
- Fax to 0116 242 3905
- Take to our Leicester branch
- Take into your local community point.
Please note that we cannot open your account until we have received adequate proof of your identification.
If you have any queries please contact us either by telephone on 0116 242 3900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org