Complaints Member Guidance

How do I make a complaint?

We value our members and aim to provide a first class customer service.However, if you are not happy with the service you have received, you can contact a member of our team by phone, in branch or on email. We welcome your comments and feedback.

If you wish to make a complaint, you can do so at any time and by making a complaint you are giving us the opportunity to investigate and improve our service for everyone.

How can I complain?

By phone

You can call our team Monday to Friday, 09.30 to 16.00.  They will be more than happy to answer any questions or resolve and queries you may have.

In branch

You can come into our Head Office branch at 1 St. Nicholas Place, Leicester LE1 5LB, Monday to Friday, 09.30 to 16.00.  

By post/email

You can also contact us by email at or write to us using the below details

Complaints Officer, Clockwise Credit Union, 1 St. Nicholas Place, Leicester LE1 5LB

What information do I need to provide when I make a complaint?

Our aim is to resolve your complaint as quickly as we can. To help us do this, please provide the following information:

  • A description of your concerns or issue
  • What you would like us to do to rectify the problem
  • Your name and address
  • A phone number and the best time to contact you
  • Your member number and any other details you think are important

What happens after I’ve made a complaint?

Once you’ve made a complaint, we’ll aim to contact you by the end of the next working day. We’ll confirm that we’re looking into your complaint, and we’ll let you know when you can expect a response.

We’ll also give you a complaint reference number so we can quickly find your record.

Our response

We will contact you to discuss our response, providing an explanation of our investigation, what we plan to do following the investigation and why we made the decision. This may be over the phone by letter.

Unfortunately, some complaints will take longer to resolve. We aim to provide a full response within 8 weeks, although we normally resolve concerns much earlier. If we are unable to respond within this time, we will contact you with a further update and next steps.

The Financial Ombudsman Service

The Financial Ombudsman Service, sometimes referred to as the FOS, has been set up to provide consumers with a free and independent service to resolve disputes with financial providers.

If you have a complaint that you cannot resolve with your bank, building society, credit union, insurance company, mortgage or pension provider then you may be able to take it to the FOS. Before you can take it to the FOS you must have first tried to resolve your complaint using the internal complaints procedure.

Contact the Financial Ombudsman Service – 0800 023 4567

Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange, London, E14 9SR.

Where to go for information

Association of British Credit Unions Ltd – 0161 832 3694

The main trade body for credit unions giving information about how to find your credit union, how credit unions work and how to set up a credit union.

Financial Conduct Authority Consumer helpline– 0800 111 6768

The body that regulates the conduct of the financial services industry in the UK including banks, building societies and credit unions.

Clockwise is a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) which protects your savings for up to £85,000.

General Information –