Clockwise is a fast growing, dynamic and well respected credit union. Working for us means you will become part of a passionate, dedicated and experienced team of staff who contribute to the development of Clockwise and deliver outstanding service to our members.
An exciting new volunteering opportunity has arisen to join our Supervisory Committee.
The Supervisory Committee
Providing the internal audit function for the credit union, the Supervisory Committee ensures that the organisation is being run in the best interests of its members. The Supervisory Committee attends regular Board meetings and is responsible for managing an ongoing programme of internal auditing.
- Monitor all activities of the credit union
- Ensure financial records are accurate and up to date
- Ensure that possibilities for fraud and theft are reduced
- Create an annual internal audit plan
- Report to the Board with a summary of work, conclusions and recommendations
- Report to the Members at the Annual General Meeting
- Ensure that the Books of Account undergo annual audit
There is a requirement of 12 hours per month split across three supervisory committee members
We are looking for someone who has an interest in the credit union movement and its work within the local community. The ideal volunteer will have a relevant background in finance, general management or administrative experience. Volunteers are also required to undergo reference checking and an endorsement process prior to being co-opted or put forward to the members for election at the AGM. Additionally, the legally required FSA Approved Person status must be obtained. You will also be required to sign a confidentiality agreement.